See the great Pug Pictures!  And post your own!Shop Fun Pug Stuff!
Pug Snorts Forum
We are a FREE community for pug dog lovers! Currently on hiatus.
Gallery      Home      Shopping
FAQFAQ† †SearchSearch† †MemberlistMemberlist† †UsergroupsUsergroups† †RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile† †Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages† †Log inLog in

bedtime batroom trip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pug Snorts Forum Forum Index -> Ask a Pug Pal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lozinga83
Baby Pup
Baby Pup

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: bedtime batroom trip Reply with quote

Hi Pug people!

I was wondering if anyone knew any tips to get my little girl Fraggle out of her routine of waking me up every night at around 3.30am to go outside to the toilet.
she has just turned one but is very small still. i have tried putting her water bowl up on the side after 8 at night but felt awful and put it back down for her after she had been racing around doing laps of the front room.
every time she does wake up she does need to go out so itís not like she is having me on to get to come up into my bed.....a habit i wish i hadnít started Confused
any advice or tips greatly appreciated
Loren and Fraggle
Anya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Loren and Fraggle... Welcome
Well, this is tough. You don't want to discourage her from alerting you because that is wonderful. She knows she should potty outside and she is telling you... it would be sad if she didn't tell you and pottied inside instead!

When do you take her out for her last time in the evening? You can consider to take her out later, like 11pm or something, and see if that helps her make it through.

If she is drinking excessively in the evening which is making her need to go potty, then check and see if there is too much sodium in her diet. Just like with people, too much salt/sodium can make them thirsty and want to drink more.

Drinking excessively could also be a sign of a medical problem, like diabetes. If you suspect her drinking is excessive, have your vet take a look at her and explain to them her night-time potty habit.

Taking up the water at 8pm is not a bad idea. But again, if she looks like she is needing to drink for some reason, there might be something else wrong.

Good luck and let me know how it's going.

Click here for some of my wonderful foster 'kids'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pug Snorts Forum Forum Index -> Ask a Pug Pal All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: